Exercise Cuts Cancer Deaths in Men
Men who exercise often are less likely to die from cancer than those who_____ 1 , new research published in the British Journal of Cancer revealed yesterday.
A team of scientists from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden looked _____2 the effect of physical activity and cancer risk in 40,708 men _____3 between 45 and 79.
he seven-year study found that men _____4 walked or cycled for at least 30 minutes a day had a 34 per cent lower risk of _____5 from cancer than the men who did less exercise or nothing at all _____6 . the period studied, 3,714 men developed cancer and 1,153 died from the disease. The researchers suggest that half an hour’s walking _____ 7 cycling a day increased survival among these men by 33 per cent.
The researchers surveyed men from two counties in central Sweden about their lifestyle and the amount of_____ 8 activity they were usually doing. They then scored these responses and compared the results _____ 9 data on cancer diagnosis and death officially recorded in a central cancer registry2 over a seven-year period.
Lead author, Professor Alicja Wolk, said: "These results clearly show for the first time the effect that very simple and basic daily _____ 10 such as walking or cycling has in reducing cancer death risk in middle-aged and elderly _____ 11 "
Dr Lesley Walker, director of cancer information at Cancer Research UK, said: "This study gives us a clear indication that men who exercise are less _____12 to die from cancer, and that they are more likely to_____ 13 the disease if they get it. It’s not entirely clear from this study what role exercise plays in preventing _____14 in men, but we do know that a healthy lifestyle can prevent up to half of all cancers- and _____15 exercise forms a key part of this."
1. A don’t B didn’t C won’t D can’t
2. A on B for C at D by
3. A ranged B aged C ranked D listed
4. A which B who C whom D what
5. A recovering B turning C dying D surviving
6. A During B Since C Despite D Between
7. A and B but C or D
8. A mental B physical C psychological D artistic
9. A upon B towards C into D with
10. A exercise B life C work D style
11. A people B men C adults D couples
12. A possible B able C likely D apparent
13. A lose B miss C treat D survive
14. A disaster B cancer C mistakes D accidents
15. A random B rare C regular D rough
答案： A C B B C A C B D A B C D B C
关键词: 职称，考试，辅导，资料 编辑时间: 2013-8-25